Thursday, February 18, 2016

Watercolor card

Hi All.. I am back with a new card..yes even I cannot believe that I am posting so soon..but luckily got some free time during the kids nap time .. So decide to churn out some posts..
This is actually an old card..but I had forgotten to blog about it.. It came out better than I expected so today i am putting it up 😊.. 
I used the watercoloring and bokeh technique shown by Dawn from Wplus9 and created a simple Christmas card.. I used a standard size watercolor paper and just used cheap watercolours to create a rainbow background.. I let it dry and then gave it a second wash of color to make them stand out better..
Then using white pigment ink and circle stencil I sponged the ink onto the watercolor panel to create the bokeh effect. I also used some white pearl paint to create small defined dots for added interest. 
Then I adhered the panel onto some black pattern paper to make it stand out better..finally adhered the whole panel to a cream coloured cardstock. 
For the sentiment, I used Kaisercraft alphabet stamps and memento tuxedo black ink. 

Here is the finished card..

I was surprised by the result.. the cheap watercolors really came through! 😉🙂..

Thanks for stopping by..
Cheers,
Tej

No comments:

Post a Comment