Thursday, February 18, 2016

Masculine card

Hey everyone..back with another card post..this time it's a masculine card.. 
Huh..why is it that when it comes to cards you have tons of ideas..but it's a real struggle (for me atleast) when creating masculine cards.. Maybe it's because mostly the stamps I own are kind of girly and I am used to embellishing my cards with sequins, glitter, etc.. And when it comes to masculine cards, you generally try to avoid such things.. 
Well this time I decided to create a simple card using the London fog memento ink my sister got for me over Christmas.. I hadn't really gotten a chance to try it out before and it seemed perfect for the card idea I was going with. I tried it out and found that it was a tad bit on the darker side than what I wanted, so I decided to use second generation stamping. Using my lower alphabet stamps, I repeatedly stamped the word 'happy' on a diagonal on a white panel. I wanted one of the words to stand out, so I used the embossing technique shown by Jennifer McGuire in one of her videos - stamping over the same image using versamark ink. So I did the same and heat embossed the word in gold embossing powder to make it stand out a bit.. Then I cut down the panel on a diagonal and adhered it to a pre-cut Kraft cardstock..the card seemed to plain for me..even for a masculine card..so using the same London fog ink I stamped a cake image on the bottom corner of the card. Heat embossed the birthday sentiment on some vellum and adhered it below  the heat embossed 'happy' sentiment. To finish..I could not resist using some sequins..I used black ones to keep it simple but also add a little something to the card.. 

Here is the finished card..
I do like the CAS look of this one..it's new for me..hope the recipient likes it too.. 😊
PS: I did add some white gel pen dots around the image as it was looking too forlorn on its own..and added a bit of self adhesive black ribbon just below the white panel to enhance the edge..

That's all for now..thanks for stopping by!
Cheers..
Tej

No comments:

Post a Comment