Sunday, February 7, 2016

Color me pink

Hey all.. So the first month of the new year has already rolled past and now it's onto the love month..now we generally do not celebrate Valentine's Day in our family but seeing so much great inspirations on IG I decided to make a card as well..  
I will be entering this card on a couple of challenges. Firstly there is the tic-tac-toe hosted by StampingSmilesDesign.. For this card I choose the first row of 'love, add shimmer, hearts'. 
For the card I decided to use the cute bear digital stamp from CraftinDesertDivas. They had him free in the store a while back and I wanted to color him in since so long..and hey..Kathy Rac's 30 day coloring challenge was the perfect excuse..I printed him off on some White cardstock and used my finecolor markers to color him.
Isn't he the cutest! Now I wanted to make my coloring the focal point so I kept the rest of the card quiet simple. I choose 'XOXO' as my sentiment since at the time I was not sure whom I wanted to give this card to. I heat embossed the sentiment in gold embossing powder on the big heart. I used a square card base and to add a pop of color, used a cute hearts pattern paper from my large stash..I fussy cut the image and popped it on the card using some foam tape. A few sequins for bling..and wink of Stella on the big heart, bear's eyes and the tiny heart as my shimmer element. Finally finished it off with glossy accents on the same three elements for that added texture..all done :) 
I am also entering this card in the Lawnscaping challenge #123 'sending love'. So excited!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers..
Tej

6 comments:

  1. aw, this is SO sweet!! looooove that bear!!! what an adorable image! the glossy accents is such a fantastic touch! :) thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh..thank you so much for the kind words and love!! Xx

      Delete
  2. Such a cute card! The bear tucked in the envelope is adorable. Great job coloring him, too. Love the extra details you added, especially the stitched edge and glossy heart. Thanks so much for joining us at the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Awe, your card is super sweet. The glossy accents on the heart adds a fun touch.

    Tracie Pond
    Stamping Smiles Designs
    Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge
    #ssdtictactoechallenge
    Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracy! I follow you on IG..love your posts! Xx

      Delete