Friday, February 26, 2016

Birthday card for a budding ballerina..

Hey all! Today I am back with a sweet birthday card for a little girl..she has just started with ballet classes and her mom says she loves them..her birthday is coming up soon..so what better than a ballerina card for her!
I did not have a stamp so as usual I googled for a ballerina picture and found a sweet image I thought would be perfect. I wanted to try out my new zig real brush markers and this was the perfect opportunity. I had tried out the zigs before on some watercolor paper I had, but could not get a good blend. So I got a new cotton blend paper from my local craft store to try it out. I printed the image on the paper and using my LawnFawn scallop dies I had gotten for xmas, cut it out with a nice scallop border. I wanted to keep the card nice and bright so I went for shades of yellow. 
I was very happy with the blend I got on the cotton blend paper..guess this will be my go to paper for zigs :) .. 
To get some more texture I decided to use the Jo Sonja's texture paste with the Kaisercraft stencil I had gotten a while back. I did not have a spatula to spread it out so cut up an unused credit card and used that to smear the paste instead. Finally finished the card with some glitter..wink of Stella clear glitter pen on the ballerina and sprinkled some gold glitter on the texture paste while it was still wet. 
Heat embossed the birthday sentiment on some vellum and this finished my card panel. I adhered this to a pattern paper using some foam tape and then adhered that to a card base. 
Here is the finished card..

Hope my little friend likes it :) ..

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers..
Tej


No comments:

Post a Comment