Thursday, February 4, 2016

Lots of cards but no post :(

Yes as the title suggests I did make quiet a few cards but did not get time to update my blog..so here it goes.. 
I so badly wanted to try out making some shaker cards, but could not find clear acetate sheets anywhere.. Well atleast none at my local craft shops..so improvised a bit :) I found a couple of iPhone screen covers that were just sitting in my cupboard, and since I no longer own an iPhone (sniff sniff) I thought why not used them to make my shaker card? They certainly served the purpose..and as my shaker window was not that big they were perfect for it!
So the first card I made was for my mum.. She was visiting us here in Australia over the holiday season and what luck we were also able to celebrate her birthday here.. I wanted to make it look like the card was from my boys..so I googled and found a couple of sweet boy images holding balloons online and they were perfect. I coloured them using my Finecolour markers and did a bit of fussy cutting. Then it was just matter of assembling the shaker. I cut out the balloons and added the acetate window there with some confetti bits and hey my shaker was done :) .. 
Here's a look at it.. 
Cute isn't it 😊..
And now onto my next shaker..my sister was celebrating her first anniversary and I wanted to make them a special card..and decided that a shaker card would be perfect.. 
Again I did not have the required stamps so I looked up for some digital images online and found a cute couple image..went perfect with my card idea.. I coloured the image with my Finecolour markers and then did a bit of ink blending for the background .. I wished I had a few distress inks as i have heard they blend beautifully, but decided to have a go with my Kaisercraft pigment inks..well they weren't so bad either! I wanted to have a twilight type background so I used lilac, berry, saffron, and bit of memento black ink.. Then for the shaker part I cut out a heart shape from the background using my craft knife and again used the screen cover and bits of confetti to build it.. One mistake I made was I adhered my panel before I stamped my sentiment and as it was on foam tape, stamping it later was a bit messy..maybe time to get me a Misti now? 😉.. 
Here is the finished card...
Well that was one long post..whew.. 

Well till next time...thanks for stopping by!
Cheers,
Tej

No comments:

Post a Comment