Friday, May 13, 2016

Two cards, same design

Hey people! Today I am back with a couple of birthday cards for twins. I generally do not make multiple cards with similar design. I love to try out new techniques and different products on every card I make, so generally I have cards of different make and model? Hehe..but since I wanted to make cards for twins I tried to use similar products and kept the design same. The cards are for a brother-sister pair, so other than colors, I have kept the design pretty much the same. 
Just like my previous card, I used another free digi stamp from Jessa's monster collection (https://uselesstrinkets.wordpress.com) as my focal point. This time it was Mutze, the bunny monster. Hehe, aren't the names she gives the monsters just sweet! 


I printed out two of them and used my Finecolor markers to color them. I used shades of blue for the boy card monster and shades of red for the girl card. The rest I colored the same, just to emphasise the fact that these were for twins. I then fussy cut both the images.
For my background, I wanted to use balloons that were shaped like no. 1 as these were for twins' first birthday. But since I did not have the exact stamp, I reused my numbers stamp from Kaisercraft (which by the way I got for a dollar at a flea market :) ). Again keeping in with the boy-girl color scheme, I used peacock feathers distress ink for one and picked raspberries for another and stamped out a bunch of number balloons, mainly towards the top of the card panel. To give them a water colored look, I used my water brush to just fill in the stamped space. As distress inks react with water, this was easy enough. Then I used the tail from another balloon stamp and stamped that below the numbers using memento tuxedo black ink to create the balloon effect. 
I felt the background was a little too bare to leave it as it,  so using a confetti stamp and a couple of color co-ordinating distress inks, I stamped the confetti image all over the background. Again I took care to stamp more of it on the top of the card and gradually reduced it towards the bottom. 
Finally I adhered my fussy cut images to the bottom right of the card using some foam tape to create dimension. I stamped the sentiment next to it. 
I wanted to personalise the cards bit more, so using Kaisercraft alphabet stamps, I stamped and fussy cut the twins' names and adhered the letters onto the card panel. 
For added interest, I added a bit of glitter using clear wink of Stella brush pen and finished with glossy accents and co-ordinating sequins.
Here are the final cards..


Love how they turned out! I am glad I thought of adding the names, gives it a nice personal touch that is possible only through handmade cards :) ..
That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Cheers..

No comments:

Post a Comment