Monday, May 2, 2016

Welcoming a new baby

Hey All! I am back with a sweet card for a sweet little baby..one of my friends recently had a cute little baby boy and we were planning on visiting them soon. I did not have a baby card in my stash, so decide to create one fast. 
I wanted to keep the card simple, so decided to have an image as the focal point. I googled for some baby images and came up with this cute little teddy hanging by the balloons..and thought it would be perfect for my card.
I printed it out on a pre-cut card panel and decided to watercolor it to give a softer look. I used my Zig clean color brush markers and a water brush to color the image.

Since the card was for a baby boy, I mainly went with the blues and greens..but had to throw in an orange balloon for some splash of color :) .. Once the panel was dry, I tied a blue twine around the top part and foam mounted it on some pattern paper. Then attached the whole panel onto some white cardstock. For the sentiment I used some gold embossing powder and heat embossed it on a piece of vellum with banner ends. Finally can't have a card without sequins, so finished with some co-ordinating sequins scattered around the image.

Loved the way it turned out.. I am having a lot of fun with my watercolours..look out for more watercolored cards :) .. That's all for today! 
Thanks for checking in!
Cheers..

No comments:

Post a Comment