Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Birthday card using texture paste

Hey all! I am back today with another cute birthday card. This time for a boy! This will go out to my friend's son who will soon turn 3! Wow..how the time flies! They stay in Brisbane, so we get to see each other maybe once a year..sadly neither of us have been able to make it for the kids birthdays.. So planning on sending him best wishes via a handmade card! 
For this card, I used another digital stamp. This time it was from Jessa's cutie monster collection. She has a bunch of freebies over at https://uselesstrinkets.wordpress.com and they are oh so adorable! They make for good coloring practice as well :) ..
 I used Fluffy Gustav..love his name by the way.. I colored him using Finecolor markers. To make him sparkle, I use my white gel pen to add dots around the edges. I then fussy cut him out leaving a slight border to give him a sticker like feel. As this is a birthday card, I added a small cupcake for Gustav to hold onto. 


For the card panel, I wanted to do something different rather than watercoloring or stamping. So decided to add some texture using my embossing paste. I colored the paste using spiced marmalade distress ink to give it a light orange color and used Kaisercraft stencil to add the required design. Then adhered the fussy cut image using some foam tape onto the embossed section once it was dry. 
The rest was simple, just stamped the birthday sentiment using Memento Tuxedo black ink and scattered a few sequins. Finished the panel with a twine bow on the bottom. Finally attached the section onto some grey cardstock and my card was done! 


I am very happy the way this card turned out..got to try some different techniques and products. 
Isn't it such a happy card! Hope it makes Om happy! 
That was all for now..see you soon!
Cheers..

No comments:

Post a Comment