Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Father's Day cards and new desk

Hey all..fear not..I know I haven't been active for a while now..but was super busy and also was working on refurbishing my new desk! Yeah! I finally have a craft desk now..well it's the family desk but now I have a place to craft rather than the bed ! Super excited..

So now that I have my desk in place, it was so easy creating these couple of Father's Day cards..I broke out quite a few of my recently acquire goodies.. The stamp set I used is from LawnFawn called Monster Mash..it's so cute..and stamps so great! This was my first time using a photopolymer stamp and they are indeed superior..so happy I got them.. 
For the first card, I colored the monsters using Finecolor markers and fussy cut them out. For background I cut a scalloped circle using the dies I picked up a while back at a sale. I did some ink blending using distress inks and sprinkled some water for added texture. To make it stand out a bit more, I cut a scalloped frame from black paper and adhered both onto a patterned background. I adhered the monsters using foam tape for dimension. Finally I added a few embellishments in form of a balloon and a heart. Completed the card with a sentiment from the same stamp set and added some shimmer using wink of Stella clear pen. 
Glossy accents on the balloon and heart finished the card. 

For the second one I used different monsters and I wanted to use my zig clean color brush markers, so I heat embossed the images using some brown embossing powder. After watercoloring I fussy cut the images out. I wanted to keep this card simple, so for the background I did some ink smooshing using distress inks. After the panel dried, I tied a bow using some natural twine. For the card panel, I used some Kraft cardstock. It felt too bare, so I took some glitter washi tape and adhered it to the panel. Then I attached the watercolored panel using some foam tape. Finally I adhered the fussy cut images and stamped a sentiment from the same stamp set. For a fun look, I added some googley eyes to all the monsters..this also emphasised the sentiment 😊..

Here is the finished card..again could not resist using some wink of Stella 😊..
That was all for today..
Thanks for stopping by..

Cheers,
Tej
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment