Sunday, November 8, 2015

My first tic-tac-toe challenge

Hello.. Been a while since I posted something and that's not good...considering that's how my first couple of blogs got neglected.. Thankfully I got occupied with this cool challenge from Stamping Smiles Designs.
This was my first tic-tac-toe challenge..and what fun it was.. As the name suggests, there is a tic-tac-toe board filled with different options and you have to choose 3 of them either down, across or diagonal. I went with the diagonal option of thank you, embossing and twine.

I embossed some white cardstock using the Swiss dots folder. But instead of embossing the whole panel, I just embossed opposite corners. Then using a flowers stencil, some makeup sponges(as I do not yet have the sponge daubers) and few inks from Memento and Kaisercraft I created my card panel.  To make the embossing stand out further I lightly went over it with the yellow and green inks. Finally I stamped my sentiment on the same white cardstock and cut it into a strip with a ribbon end to make a banner.
To make the sentiment stand out a bit more from the background, I took another piece of white cardstock slightly longer than the sentiment and to make it match my card base and rest of the panel I sponged some purple and pink ink on the edge. I then adhered it to my sentiment at an angle and then adhered the whole thing on card panel using some foam tape. To finish up I tied a bow using some lavender twine just below the sentiment. I adhered the card panel on some purple cardstock leaving a slight border on the left. That finished up my card..I am planning on sending it to a new crafty friend I made on IG.. 
Also this is my entry for the Stamping Smiles Design tic-tac-toe challenge. It not just any challenge but they are also looking for DT members..ohh fingers crossed! :)



Thanks for stopping by..
Cheers
Tej


4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! Beautiful job on the stencil work. I love the gradient colors on the flowers! Thank you so much for your interest and applying for the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty flowers. And lovely dotted background. Good Luck!! Tracie - Creations For Kindness

    ReplyDelete