Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Festival season..

Diwali time!! Yes the Festival of Lights is here...Diwali is one of the biggest festival celebrated in India..which is where I come from btw.. :)
For quite a while now I have been staying overseas and have been missing out on the Diwali fun..lots of sweets, crackers, friends and family gatherings, exchanging gifts, twinkling diyas (little lamps), colorful rangolis..
Being so far from family I decided to use my papercrafting love to crank out some handmade Diwali cards to send to them..let them know I'm always thinking of them and missing them..

I kept things very simple, being time constrained. The main feature on both cards is the Diwali diya (lamp). Since I did not have a stamp for required image, I free handed some on watercolour paper and  colored them using my Mont Marte watercolour pencils.

For one card I created a stamped diya background. Again as I did not have required stamp, it was time for some diy.. So took out my foam pad and cut a diya shape and stuck it on an acrylic block using some double-sided tape and use that as a temporary stamp..what fun! I also trimmed the edge using my fun shaped sissors. Then just cut some vellum paper and foam taped the diya on that..a few gems and alphabets stamps from Kaisercraft finished my sentiment and card 1..

For the second card.. Just embossed the background using dots embossing folder I picked up at a recent craft fair..cut up some more of the red pattern paper and again foam taped the diya on that. I did try to heat emboss the sentiment on the pattern paper but it did not stand up to the heat gun.. So I dug up some alphabet stickers and spelled out my sentiment. Some sparkly sequins finished the job..

Now out to the post office to mail these out..
Oh forgot to add.. I am participating in Jennifer McGuire's #sharehandmadekindness challenge. There will be a new challenge each with with great prizes. Head on over to Jennifer's blog for more details. This week it's friends and family and my Diwali cards fit the bill perfectly. So this is my entry for week 1 of #sharehandmadekindness challenge..

Thanks for stopping by..
Cheers,
Tej


No comments:

Post a Comment