Friday, July 22, 2016

Playing with distress inks

Hi all! Today I am back with more birthday cards..you can never have enough! 😊
For a change, I did not make these with anyone specific in mind. I thought it would be great to have a few extra on hand.. I have tried to keep the design generic in the sense it can be given to any recipient..maybe the colors are not completely masculine, but hey..it's a birthday card..so bit of color is not bad huh? 😉
I am still playing with my distress inks..trying to get more used to the ink blending and all..so for the first card I took out all my distress inks and blended a smooth White cardstock in rainbow colors. This took a while, since I was using a smooth cardstock which is less forgiving for blending. So to avoid the color streaks, I had to go over the panel a few times to get a smooth look. After blending, I sprinkled some water and then dried it off with paper towel. Finally for more interest, I took some white pearl paint and splattered it on the panel and let the whole thing dry. 
I loved how cool the panel looked! 😊.. Now to convert that into a card, I cut a number of hexagons from the panel using a hexagon die. I then took a white card panel and splattered a bit of black pearl paint on it for added interest. I then adhered the hexagons onto the panel in a pattern using foam tape.
Finally I used a scripty Happy birthday stamp to stamp the sentiment. To tie in the card front with the card panel, I used a hexagonal stencil from Kaisercraft and some texture paste. 
Finally I adhered the whole panel onto the card front once it was dry.
A few gold sequins finished the card.. 

For my second card, I again went with distress inks. But this time I used an AveryElle balloon stamp set and did a fair bit of stamping. I wanted the distressed look to the balloons and so I chose some bright colorS that would look nice on a birthday card. I stamped few of the balloons using versamark clear ink and heat embossed them in dark gold embossing powder. This just created added interest on the otherwise simple panel. To tone down the look, I decided to cover the panel using a vellum sheet. I stamped my sentiment on vellum and heat embossed it using white embossing powder. I then adhered the vellum to the card panel and mounted the whole thing on a dark card base using some foam tape.

A few sequins to finish the job.. Love how colorful this card turned out..
Thanks for stopping by..

Cheers..
Tej

No comments:

Post a Comment