Saturday, October 8, 2016

Plain Ol' stamping

Hey there! Today I am back with a quick..well relatively quick card using just stamps..no fancy watercoloring or shading using alcohol markers..just some stamps and ink pads. 
I have noticed that I am mostly using my zigs or my finecolor markers to make cards..and my ink pads were getting neglected..so for this anniversary card I decided to use my oldest stamp set..one which I had bought when I was just starting card making and had ignored it since then...But now no more :) .. I got out my stamps and my Kaisercraft pigments ink cubes and got stamping..
Since this was to be an aniversary card..I created a heart shaped outline using one of my heart dies and selected a few of the flower and leaf stamps and just went at it..
As mentioned, the card is pretty simple with major focus on stamping.. I just filled in the outline till I was happy. To finish it further, I added few dots using a gold gel pen.
I then stamped the sentiment using versamark ink and heat embossed using gold embossing powder. Since the card was so simple, I decided to dress up the card base a bit. Using some silver glitter washi tape I created a border along the two edges of  the card base. I then adhered the card panel using some foam tape. Few heart sequins finished the job. :)

Here is the finished card..


Like the simple look..hope the recipient likes it too! 


Thanks for stopping by!
Xx
Tej


6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for entering our first challenge - and even better that you've used an older stamp set - we love it when people use their older stash. I love the heart and all the different colours. Can you add a link on your blog post to the challenge? We are so new we want to spread the word whenever we can :) Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Tej! I love the way you made a heart using all those lovely flowers. Very delicate looking too. Thank you so much for playing with us over at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tej: Love this beautiful, colorful heart wreath in this soft colors, the layout and the strips of silver glimmer paper really frames your image beautifully.
    Thank you for sharing your card with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you join us again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty card Tej, love the stamped wreath with all those lovely little flowers - and isn't it always so satisfying to use our older stuff. Thank you for joining us in the challenge! Lisa, DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely Anniversary card with that sweet heart wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing Paru’s Card Making Challenges Please link to specific post...I cannot see your entry.

    ReplyDelete